Request a Workshop or Studio
The University Writing Center offers educational workshops and writing studios on a limited basis. Because we are primarily student-fee funded, most of these are for official classes or campus organizations, although we can consider other requests if adequate resources are available.
We can offer versions of our workshops and studios through online teleconferencing options such as Zoom.
If you're looking for a Writing Center workshop, the links are below.
Before you request our presence at an event, we request that you read our policies:
- At least 2 weeks' notice is required to schedule in most cases.
- Customized classroom workshops may require more than the 2 weeks' minimum notice.
- Aside from our "Overview of Services," classes/groups are limited to 2 presentations/events per semester.
- We cannot guarantee the first choice of date. (Note: we hold staff trainings on Wednesday mornings at 8AM, so we are typically unavailable for events at that time. We are also closed on Saturdays and holidays.)
- An instructor, an assistant, or an organization representative with authority must be present during events.
- For workshops and studios outside of class, we limit requests to groups that ensure audiences of 20 or more.
- We will email you before the event. To ensure the best experience for participants, we ask that you respond immediately to the email and mention any modifications or changes you’d like to see.
Workshop Topics for Undergraduates
Workshop Topics for Graduates