The UWC offers face-to-face or online consultations with certified consultants for writing or public speaking projects. In consultations, you will receive personalized advice and assistance based on your project and your needs. You can work with us on any type of writing, at any stage of the composing process, including developing and organizing content, understanding assignments or the demands of specific genres, and perfecting prose by editing and proofreading. For public speaking, you can ask for assistance with developing and perfecting outlines and content or with designing slides, handouts, or posters. You can even practice your presentation. If you are working with a group on a collaborative project, you can request a group appointment.
Our Evans Library location is primarily for appointments, but we do take walk-ins when we have an opening. Our West Campus Library location is walk-in only.
If you’ve scheduled a face-to-face appointment, but are running late, call us (979-458-1455), and we’ll hold your spot. If you have to cancel, go online or call as soon as possible. If you don’t cancel and miss 3 appointments, you’ll be temporarily blocked from making future appointments.
If you have a quick question that can be answered in less than 5 minutes, call the Write Line (979-845-2160) or stop by the front desk at either location.
Consultations are limited to 45 minutes, once a day. Check out all our policies at ground rules.
To make an appointment:
- Go to our appointment calendar (http://cleopatra.tamu.edu/).
- For a face-to-face appointment, under the heading “Come in to the University Writing Center,” select “Evans Library.” (Our West Campus location is walk-in only. See hours for both locations).
- Select whether this will be an individual or group appointment.
- If you want to email your work to us rather than meet face-to-face, select “Send in your paper for online work.” Online submissions will be assigned to the next available consultant, who will spend approximately 45 minutes reviewing your work. Your submission will be returned on the same day as the online appointment And don’t forget to upload your document!.
- Make sure to fill out ALL information in the questionnaire—it helps the consultant meet your needs. If choosing “other” as the area where you need the most help, elaborate with details.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that all students with disabilities be guaranteed a learning environment that provides for reasonable accommodation. Let us know if you need accommodation for a disability. You’ll need to be registered with Disability Services (Cain Hall, Room B118, or call 845-1637). For additional information, visit http://disability.tamu.edu.
During the interim schedule, we will have limited appointments daily at the Evans location.
And remember: our West Campus Location is available for walk-ins. (See hours for more information.)