NOTE: We have extended the Aggie Creative Collective application deadline from April 2nd to Sunday, April 11th at midnight. Students will now be notified of admittance to the program on Friday, April 16th.
Complete the following application to receive full consideration for The Aggie Creative Collective. Regretfully, incomplete applications will not move forward in the process.
The Aggie Creative Collective Overview
The Aggie Creative Collective, in addition to being a creative residency experience, is a five-week zero-credit 491 course taking place during Summer I (Tuesday, June 2nd - Friday, July 2nd) for Creative Writing students & Summer II (Tuesday, July 6th - Monday, August 9th) for Visualization students. Eligible applicants must have a minimum of 30 credit hours (or Sophomore-level class distinction), 12 of which must have been completed at Texas A&M.
Furthermore, your residency experience is contingent upon your area of study, scholarly focus, and creative genre of choice. Due to the intensive nature of the residency program, it is mandatory that participants attend ALL sessions, as a $500 scholarship award is given to all admitted residents contingent upon their attendance. If the attendance requirement is not met, students will be expected, under contractual obligation, to return the full amount of their scholarship award to Texas A&M University.
Finally, by participating in the Aggie Creative Collective, accepted students must agree to participate in the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URS) as part of their obligations and are expected to comply with all URS deadlines as stated.
Aggie Creative Collective Memorandum of Understanding:
Creative Sample Submission
The piece(s) you submit should be as fully formed as possible, but still in need of further work or revision. Additionally, you should submit a piece that you feel comfortable presenting to a wider public audience. Finally, due to the intensive nature of the residency, your submission(s) for acceptance should be the creative work you plan to develop during a portion of the residency.
The following pieces of criteria will used by the ACC committee to judge the strength of your creative sample:
- Is the whole of the project unified, cohesive, and consistent? Does the work showcase technical proficiency?
- Does a theme emerge organically from the work? Does the creative project observe an emotional truth or solve a problem?
- Are the genre conventions adhered to and accurate? Is action (action including dialogue) or figurative language used to reinforce the theme? Is vivid, detailed images, visuals, and intensely felt emotion used to make the project come alive?
- Does the format of the sample make the work understandable?
1. Prose submissions should be no more than 15 pages double-spaced. Acknowledge if the submission is a sample of longer work.
2. Poetry submissions should include no more than 5 poems and should not exceed 10 pages double-spaced.
3. Visualization submissions (due to file size) should be linked to a website or google drive url that offers open access to the committee. Projects lacking open access will not be reviewed.
3. Screen and staged play submissions are limited to the first full 10 pages of the first act, respectively.
3. There are no restrictions regarding genre or style.
4. Please submit original work only. Fan fiction, memes, overly derivative, or transformative works are not acceptable submissions for this residency.
5. We will accept written submissions as docx, doc, or pdf files.