The University Writing Center offers a series of workshops throughout the semester exclusively for international students. These workshops are held once a week, cover a variety of topics, and are designed to help students improve their academic writing and public speaking skills. Each workshop covers appropriate ways to communicate from an American cultural perspective.
Here are the topics for Spring 2014:
- January 27: Conversational English
- February 3: Writing Scholarship Essays
- February 10: English Grammar
- February 17: ELPE Composition
- February 24: Library Resources
- March 3: Integrating Sources Effectively
- March 17: How to Give a Speech (Register here.)
- March 24: Professional Correspondence
- March 31: Understanding Your Audience
- April 7: Conversation Practice
Links for registration will be posted on the University Writing Center’s upcoming events calendar closer to their start date. Everyone is welcome to attend, but we ask that you register before the event so we know how many students to plan for. Registration typically opens one week before each workshop.
If you have any questions, call us at 979-458-1455.