Applications open Monday, January 14th 2019 and will remain open until Thursday, February 28th at midnight. Students will receive notification on the status of their applications on Wednesday, March 20th.
Complete the following application to receive full consideration for The Aggie Creative Collective. Regretfully, incomplete applications will not move forward in the process.
The Aggie Creative Collective Overview
The Aggie Creative Collective, in addition to being a creative residency experience, is a five-week zero-credit 491 course taking place during Summer I (May 28th-July 1st). Eligible applicants must have a minimum of 30 credit hours (or Sophomore-level class distinction), 12 of which must have been completed at Texas A&M.
Furthermore, your residency experience is contingent upon your area of study, scholarly focus, and creative genre of choice. Due to the intensive nature of the residency program, it is mandatory that participants attend ALL sessions, as a $500 scholarship award is given to all admitted residents contingent upon their attendance. If the attendance requirement is not met, students will be expected, under contractual obligation, to return the full amount of their scholarship award to Texas A&M University.
Finally, by participating in the Aggie Creative Collective, accepted students must agree to participate in the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URS) as part of their obligations and are expected to comply with all URS deadlines as stated.
Aggie Creative Collective Memorandum of Understanding:
Creative Sample Submission
The piece(s) you submit should be as fully formed as possible, but still in need of further revision. Additionally, you should submit a piece that you feel comfortable reading to a wider public audience. Finally, due to the intensive nature of the residency, your submission(s) for acceptance should be the writing you plan to revise during a portion of the residency.
The following pieces of criteria will used by the ACC committee to judge the strength of your writing sample:
- Is the whole of the writing unified, cohesive, and consistent? Does a theme emerge organically from the text? Does the writing observe an emotional truth or solve a problem?
- Is the basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation correct? Is action (action including dialogue) and figurative language used to reinforce the theme? Do you use vivid, detailed images and intensely felt emotion to make the writing come alive?
- Does the formatting make the text understandable?
1. Prose submissions should be no more than 15 pages double-spaced. Acknowledge if the submission is a sample of longer work.
2. Poetry submissions should include no more than 5 poems and should not exceed 10 pages double-spaced.
3. Screen and staged play are limited to the first full 10 pages of the first act, respectively.
3. There are no restrictions regarding genre or style.
4. Please submit original work only. Fan fiction or transformative works are not acceptable submissions for this residency.
5. We will accept submissions only as docx, doc, or pdf files.