We have a small media team that produces a variety marketing, advertising, and educational of content for social media, print, web, and video. We are currently hiring a student photographer to join our team! This position entails working with both the University Writing Center and the Academic Success Center. The pay is $10/hr with a workload of approximately 10-15 hrs/week.
Part-time Photography Student Worker Job Description
- Take photographs in educational settings like classrooms, libraries, and offices on-campus.
- Portrait photography and product photography will be heavily used along with some event photography.
- Retouch, resize and enhance images as needed using Photoshop or other photography software.
- May use personal photography equipment or the equipment provided by us.
- Be able to compose a shot, understand framing, color, and light to create a visually pleasing photograph.
- Strong attention to detail. Makes sure the photoshoot or event is set up in a way that won’t ruin the shot.
- Prepares for assignments by showing up to new locations to familiarize yourself with the layout and the people involved.
- Anticipates what might cause problems or what will make the photoshoot as successful as possible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. When working with people, you need to speak clearly and in a friendly way to get the right kind of shot.
- Willing to learn new techniques by watching educational videos, attending workshops, or reading articles