Skip to main content
Introduction to Documentation Styles
American Anthropological Association
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- http://www.aiaa.org/documents/publications/journalstemp.dot- The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, offers a complete template for Aeronautical Engineering students and faculty; it is very straightforward, and it allows you to simply cut and past your information into the template.
American Institute of Physics Style Manual, Fourth Edition
American Medical Association (AMA)
American Political Science Association (APSA)
APA (American Psychological Association)
American Sociological Association (ASA)
AP (Associated Press)
Association for Computing Machinery
Biomedicine, Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (Vancouver style)
Council of Science Editors (CSE) (formerly Council of Biology Editors/CBE)
Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS)
Ecological Society of America (ESA)
Entomological Society of America (ESA)
IEEE (IEEE Computer Society)
Journal of International Business
MLA (Modern Language Association)
- http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_mla.html- Detailed information on how to document using MLA. Site begins with the basic MLA paper format, explains how to create internal citations, create a works cited list, as well as notes.
- http://dianahacker.com/resdoc/p04_c08_o.html – Taken from the Bedford Handbook, this MLA section is designed especially for the humanities; it provides information on how to look for sources, how to create in-text citations, and works cited lists, as well as sample papers to look over.
- http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/DocMLA.html – This site works well for quick reference since entries are separately linked.
- http://www.bedfordstmartins.com/online/cite5.html – Explains in detail how to cite many types of electronic online sources both internally and in the works cited.
- http://www.lib.unc.edu/instruct/citations/mla/ – Gives an overview of MLA style, and includes a troubleshooting guide for parenthetical citations.
- http://www.mlahandbook.org - Owners of the seventh edition of the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers can use a code in the book to create an account and access the entire guide in a searchable format. Additional resources, such as comprehensive steps to several writing projects, provide additional material to owners.
Rangeland Ecology Management (REM)
Society for American Archeology